Hello! I am a working Illustrator and Designer at American Greetings. I studied Illustration at Ringling College of Art and Design. During my years in college I developed my style, created book covers, cards, graphic designs, and editorial illustrations. I am always trying new mediums and keeping my work diverse while still holding on to my hand drawn style.
When I'm not working I love playing soccer, working out, and being outside with friends. I'm always excited for adventure, traveling, and exploring new places.
Creative Product Designer, American Greetings | September 2016-Present
· Concepted, Created, & Produced greeting card products for retail at Target & Walmart etc. using design trend research and knowledge, Worked across multiple teams & Departments to communicate & execute designs.
· Utilized advanced working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to design color palette, layout, typography, and production files for manufacturing while meeting price & cost targets.
· Lead for AG Lettering Trends 2017, Co-Lead of Young Professionals Resource Network. Illustrated Art Prints exclusively for Target. Contributed to several AG Fine Art Shows.
Creative Studio Illustration Intern, American Greetings | May 2016 -August 2016
· Gained knowledge for preparing art files for Production, created new art assets & digital files for finishing solutions.
· Created mood boards, color studies, multiple concepts & layouts, and effectively used feedback with Art Director in quick turn-arounds to bring card through to final.
Illustration Freelance, National Aquarium Baltimore | Spring 2015
· Designed and Illustrated several invitations for new exhibit opening, exclusive member and board events, used for print and web; worked under tight deadlines generating numerous concepts, color studies, and final illustrations
Senior Illustration Intern, National Aquarium Baltimore | Summer 2014
· Created several editorial illustrations for membership magazine, designed promotional items and social media info graphics, initiated and illustrated stickers for family oriented events
· Introduced illustrative elements to Marketing Department; worked with Creative Services team under art director and produced new designs for generating revenue and memberships
Design Freelance, Waverly Real Estate Inc. | 2012-2016
· Designed logos incorporating one brand across five separate real estate, management, and land design companies; pitched multiple visual solutions and unanimously selected against professional design firm
· Coordinated with printing and sign manufacturers on color specifications, production of products for all aspects of company business including advertising, stationery, business cards, signs, and company shirts
Editorial Freelance, Gravitas Magazine | August 2014-May 2015
· Created multiple editorial illustrations under tight deadlines for well-known Sarasota published magazine, both traditionally and digitally
· Communicated with art director, produced multiple initial concepts, developed multiple color studies, and finalized illustrations
Ringling College of Art & Design
· Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration, Graduation May 2016 | President’s List
Corey Parker Award
· Best Body of Work, American Greetings 2017
Society of Illustrators
· New York City, 2016
Happiness, Laughter & Love Award
· American Greetings, 2016
Best of Illustration
· Ringling College of Art & Design, 2016
· Ringling College of Art & Design, 2015
· Advanced proficient skills in representational and creative illustration using a variety of media including pen/ink, charcoal, pastels, watercolor, gouache, acrylic, and oils
· Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Bridge as well as Microsoft Office Suite products Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Adept with Wacom tablet for digital illustration
· Volunteered at The Humane Society of Sarasota County providing training and enriched mental well-being for both canines and felines
· Participated in school Type Club and co-ed Soccer Club; Deep love for traveling, exploring, meeting new people, running, and learning; Italian speaking (Conversational)